PART TIME PARLIAMENTARY OFFICE ASSISTANT
Jean Urquhart MSP requires a part time Assistant to work 3 days a week in her Parliamentary Office in Edinburgh.
Direct relevant experience of administrative office work is preferred as is a working knowledge of Scottish politics and the Scottish Parliament. You will be expected to use your own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
Other key skills include:
- Knowledge, understanding and experience the issues affecting the Highlands and Islands
- Knowledge and understanding of the Scottish political scene
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective organisational skills
- Effective administrative skills
- Excellent standard of administrative skills with a demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook at an advanced level
- Sound problem-solving, attention to detail with the ability to exercise sound judgement and initiative, often within a tight timescales
- An understanding of the Parliament’s structures and processes
- The ability to form and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain confidentiality
- Flexible approach, with the ability to work unsupervised whilst working as part of a small team
For further information, including a full job description, please contact Gary Cocker at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 348 5054.
Applicants should submit a detailed CV and covering letter showing how they meet the requirements above by 5pm on Monday 18th March either to the e-mail address above or to
Gary Cocker, Parliamentary Manager, Room M3.20, Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP
Interviews will be held in Edinburgh on Wednesday 27th March.